McNaught Guitar Forums
June 19, 2018, 04:49:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ClubMcNaught.com!!! These forums are intended to be a sounding board for guitarists lucky enough to own a work of art made by David Thomas McNaught (and Dave Mansel too).
Home Help Search Arcade Media Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Digital delay  (Read 3153 times)
gaoth

« on: February 16, 2009, 11:25:09 AM »

What are your preferences with digital delay pedals/units? I've been thinking about getting one, and would like to know your experiences. What are the better quality ones? Which go well with McNaught guitars?

Guitars I own- 1980 Les Paul Artist, Takamine acoustic/electric, Hohner 12 string acoustic, and hopefully soon DTM VDC.
Dr Git

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 03:56:09 PM »

My favorite i've played, and I still own, is my Eventide Timefactor. I like the tape, vintage and band delay starting points best. Its not rediculous hard to use either. I like the way you can shape the sounds. For instance, if your using say the Tape setting. Then there are 4 more tweaks you can do. Such as wow, flutter, filter etc. You can get a really close sound that the Fulltone TTE is famous for. But it has so much more to offer than the TTE. For delays on a budget, the Hardwire is nice, as well as the Carbon Copy and well basically all of them are good. I've owned in the past : Original DMM, Nova Delay, Reptile and Replica from TRex, Carbon Copy, Hardwire DL-8 and probably a few i'm forgetting..I also dig the repltile a bit, but its really limited (no tap tempo - no reverse - sounds great though)
leonr2z

VDC - "Patricia"

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 08:31:22 AM »

guitar guitar

Gaoth if it is any help I think there was a sound test on one on the site a couple of months back! cheers

Leon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Home Help Search Arcade Media Login Register