McNaught Guitar Forums
April 23, 2014, 09:19:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ClubMcNaught.com!!! These forums are intended to be a sounding board for guitarists lucky enough to own a work of art made by David Thomas McNaught (and Dave Mansel too).
Home Help Search Arcade Media Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sticky: Ariel Pozzo Thread  (Read 7299 times)
kahibbi

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2007, 12:07:17 AM »

OD, I am considering spec-ing out a new Mcnaught.  I just received my second one and after just 30 minutes of playing ... it's amazing!  so the third one I would spec out for you guys would be seomthing special.  If you could provide a pricing list of some kind, I'd know whether I could start the process of ordering now versus later.

Thanks!

Keith

Keith
the other dave

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2007, 05:37:26 PM »

At this moment, I don't have anything in a file I can send out. I am working on a "list price" price sheet. As soon as I have something together I can send out, I'll definitely let you (and all of you guys) know about it. It's just gonna take me some time, we offer over 15 different models, and tons of options on each....it's a lot of typing to fit in between coats of paint!! Grin
Dr Git

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2007, 09:07:49 PM »

Hi Ariel....Forgot to ask you a few things last time we talked here.....On your website you list for gear a Boss gt8 processor and I was wondering if you used it live and how did it project......Also along with the GT 8 did you use other floor effects too.......Also I love most of the guitars you had as past guitars used and was wondering if you still have most or any of them still.......Take Care Ariel and hope to find you in great spirits and not too burned out from the road.....Pete (Dr Git)
Ariel Pozzo

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2008, 09:31:26 PM »

Hi Ariel....Forgot to ask you a few things last time we talked here.....On your website you list for gear a Boss gt8 processor and I was wondering if you used it live and how did it project......Also along with the GT 8 did you use other floor effects too.......Also I love most of the guitars you had as past guitars used and was wondering if you still have most or any of them still.......Take Care Ariel and hope to find you in great spirits and not too burned out from the road.....Pete (Dr Git)

Pete
I did use the GT8 for a couple of years and it really served me well...I toured the americas and never a single problem, and it sounds great too. I only used it as a floor controller and effects processor, I never use the amp models...I prefer a real amp for that...haha.
Great Unit.
Now I use mostly pedals since I bought my new Marshall JVM...what a great amp!
Ariel Pozzo

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2008, 09:54:44 PM »

Hey guys
I've been almost living in the studio since last january. The main project was the new Miguel Mateos record for Universal International.
I confess I began the recording process in the midst of a tone change. After four years of using the same gear all the time I had bought a couple of Strats and Vox amps as I was trying to find a new voice. I left most my old gear in storage and I went for it with that new sound.
At first I felt really strange...i could not play what i was used to...but I had done the change because i felt i was not moving forward anymore...so I insisted.
Then, I began feeling better and better with my new tone and i thought I'd never look back, so i sold all my remaining PRS guitars and Soldano amps and put the G5 under the bed.
A couple of months went by, and suddenly I realized I was sounding very good...as good as many, many people.
Yes...I realized I had lost my own identity and now I sounded just like your average Strat-into-a-vintage-amp type.
Great, great tones...but hardly a tone to surprise anyone.
So a friend of mine calls and "hey, you gotta try these new JVM heads!".
I obligued and thought I needed an humbucker guitar so I cleaned the dust off the G5 and as I was doing that I began to realize how great a tone, how personal a tone I was missing.
I tried the JVM head with th G5 and the world exploded. Bought it on the spot and ran back to the studio.
Except for two tracks where I wanted a "knopfler" kinda tone, I re-recorded all the guitars using the G5 and JVM into a couple of old Marshall cabs loaded with g12H30s.
Fast forward june, 2008: Sold the Voxes and the Strats, bougth a PRS SCT (that's what I had available...I would have liked another Mcnaught) and the G5 came back to her #1 spot, just like from 2003 till 2007.
So...a six month vacation from touring and recording for the G5 ended in a lot more work than ever...and way more to come.
I'm afraid i'm gonna end up wearing this guitar down to dust...
Dr Git

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2008, 11:32:04 AM »

Thanks Ariel for the time and answering all my questions. Me on the other hand, I like a wide variety of guitars too. I have two strats and love them for what they are. I also have two early PRSi 86 and 87 and love them too. Then I have two McNaughts 1999 and 2003 and of course love them too. Like I said, I like guitars. My all time favorite is my Phoenix with 3 HB pickups w/5 way, and 3 toggles for a whole array of tone. I think you'd like this one too

jmcant1

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2008, 04:35:30 PM »

Ariel! I'm so pleased to see you back in the G5 camp!

I met Ariel at PRS forum event II several years ago.  Watched him jam with Paul Reed Smith himself - PRS on a Santana, Ariel on a magenta Standard - awesome stuff!

I was even more pleased to see Ariel become a McNaught endorser, and was equally disappointed to find out he wasn't playing them any more.  I misunderstood at least part of it - thought you sold off the G5.  Glad it was just under the bed!  And again, glad to have you back in the G5 camp!

Mike
Ariel Pozzo

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2008, 04:54:08 PM »

Ariel! I'm so pleased to see you back in the G5 camp!

I met Ariel at PRS forum event II several years ago.  Watched him jam with Paul Reed Smith himself - PRS on a Santana, Ariel on a magenta Standard - awesome stuff!

I was even more pleased to see Ariel become a McNaught endorser, and was equally disappointed to find out he wasn't playing them any more.  I misunderstood at least part of it - thought you sold off the G5.  Glad it was just under the bed!  And again, glad to have you back in the G5 camp!

Mike

Howdy Mike!
No, the G5 is right here beside me...I went thru a phase of playing different things but I take that as a well-deserved vacation given to my G5. But now, time to go back to work!
Take care my friend!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 04:55:46 PM by Ariel Pozzo » Logged
ptgold

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008, 04:29:47 PM »

Hello Ariel!

Even though I have not had the pleasure of hearing your music yet I am a huge fan of Latin Rock....(duh Im latino!) one of my favorite bands being Soda Stereo from Argentina.  Since you move in those circles, I cant help but ask if you know any of those guys.  Im a huge Cerati fan and was fortunate enough to meet Zeta Bosio a year ago.  Planning on hearing your music soon.

Rock On
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Home Help Search Arcade Media Login Register