McNaught Guitar Forums
August 22, 2017, 12:19:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ClubMcNaught.com!!! These forums are intended to be a sounding board for guitarists lucky enough to own a work of art made by David Thomas McNaught (and Dave Mansel too).
Home Help Search Arcade Media Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Piezo questions  (Read 1297 times)
BrystonUser

« on: November 23, 2016, 05:18:09 PM »

Hello;

I am curious about the Piezo setup used in the McNaught guitars. What is the manufacturer used and what is typical setup/configuration? i.e. controls, be that toggle switches to choose between the piezo and magnetic pickups, volume control, ability to blend if possible not simply P, P+M or M but rather if set for P+M is it possible to control the % of the piezo that's in the mix and are there controls such as treble, bass, etc? Also what about the output jack, are there 2 or only one and if only one can it be set to either mono or stereo or is it always one or the other?
Finally I'm curious about the bridge types, are there tune-o-matic and trem options or only tune-o-matic? If a trem bridge is available is it anything like a Floyd Rose?

Does anyone have a few pics they could post of their guitar so I can get a look?

Thanks
BrystonUser

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 06:29:19 PM »

I have another question about piezo equipped guitars. I've never had the opportunity to play one but in my head I keep thinking to get the most from the pickups the bridge would have to be at least a stoptail if not strings through body vs say a floating trem like a Floyd Rose in order to get the most resonance. Am I right in this line of thought or is it that in reality it makes no difference or so little difference to be negligible? What about the magnetic pickups, would direct mounting make any difference here, even in the mixed pickup mode or is that irrelevant?

Piezo aside, is there any real advantage of direct mounting the magnetic pickups?

Thanks
BrystonUser

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 09:45:22 AM »

No one have any answers to my questions above?
Metal Melt Down

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 09:29:08 AM »

Hit Dave up on his Facebook page, send him a private message, and he will answer all your questions fast.
BrystonUser

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 11:59:41 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion. So are these forums not really monitored anymore by the Dave's and focus has shifted over to the social media sites? If so then, nuts, I would have to create a Facebook account  Sad

I wonder if that might also explain why I didn't get a response to a bunch of questions I sent off the other week when I used the contact form on the website. I found it odd that I did not get any response.
Metal Melt Down

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 07:34:53 PM »

You can just call him too his number in on his web site.
His number is 704-485-2787
By the way i have nothing to do with Mcnaught guitars I just play them!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 07:37:13 PM by Metal Melt Down » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Home Help Search Arcade Media Login Register